- BS in Genetics, Cell Biology, and Development (2010), University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN
- Doctor of Dental Surgery (2014), University of Minnesota School of Dentistry, Minneapolis, MN
- General Practice Residency (2015), Swedish Medical Center, Seattle, WA
- American Dental Association
- Minnesota Dental Association
- Omicron Kappa Upsilon (OKU) National Dental Honors Society Member
I chose dentistry because of the perfect mixture of art and science needed to develop lifelong patient relationships. I strive to help patients with dental fears and anxiety find a way to be comfortable in a dental office and empower them to regain oral health. I love working with patients to develop the best individualized treatment plan for their specific needs.
After dental school I completed a general practice residency in Seattle, WA, learning to manage patients with various medical complexities, neurological/intellectual disabilities, and severe dental anxiety/phobia. I was able to refine my dental surgical skills taking after-hours hospital emergency calls and managing dental trauma and infections. I later became the Assistant Program Director of the residency program and participated in teaching and mentoring dental residents. I ultimately left this position to return to my home state of Minnesota to be with family and serve the community I grew up in.
Outside of dentistry, I enjoy traveling, reading, and experimenting with new recipes. I am also an avid photographer and especially enjoy landscape and macro photography.